Defibrillators save lives. In order for them to do so, they must be in good working condition. Maintaining your defibrillator is just as important as it is to own one to avoid the risk of potential defibrillator failures.
More than 1,000 Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) deaths have previously been linked to the failure of a defibrillator. Battery failure accounted for almost one-quarter of these failures. Problems with pads and connectors also accounted for reasons why defibrillators were unable to provide treatment in a cardiac emergency.
Getting your Defibrillator Serviced
Our Annual AED Service is available to anyone who owns a defibrillator, whether it was purchased from us or not.
When you purchase a service from us, our Customer Service team will be in touch to check availability and confirm a date on our booking system.
An annual AED service involves a member of our service team attending your premises to carry out some visual and physical checks on your defibrillator.
Comprehensive checks included in our AED Service;
- A visual check to ensure that the unit has full functionality and the is no damage to the case, screen, buttons and connections.
- Battery and pad check for installation date and when replacements are due
- A check of the pad terminal to make sure it is functioning and clear of debris
- Confirmation that the pads attached are suitable to the model and in good condition
- A check to see if the defibrillator will administer a shock correctly - unit is connected to a simulator which produces a simulated heart wave. The defibrillator must administer a shock, at the right energy level, when appropriate (shockable heart rhythm, VF or VT) and not administer a shock when appropriate (no heart rhythm) to pass the test.
Our annual AED service provides you with peace of mind and confidence in your defibrillator and its ability to provide life-saving treatment in an emergency situation.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with any questions you may have about getting your defibrillator serviced.
defibshop are committed to equipping everyone with the skills and knowledge to save a life. Speak to one of our Product Specialists on 0161 776 7422 or fill out our Contact Form.